Bafta - Academy Fellow in 2011

Lord SummerisleOn Sunday 13 February the British Academy of Film and Television Arts will present Sir Christopher Lee with the Academy Fellowship at the Orange British Academy Film Awards ceremony at London’s Royal Opera House.

Awarded annually by the Academy, the Fellowship is the highest accolade bestowed upon an individual in recognition of an outstanding and exceptional contribution to film. Previously honoured Fellows include Charlie Chaplin, Alfred Hitchcock, Steven Spielberg, Sean Connery, Elizabeth Taylor, Julie Christie, John Barry, Stanley Kubrick, Anthony Hopkins, Terry Gilliam and Judi Dench. Last year’s recipient was Vanessa Redgrave.  Bafta's Website

Comments

Comment viewing options

Christopher Lee Web is currently in maintenance. During this maintenance it is not possible to add or edit content (like forum posts, comments and pages).

8 February 2011 - 7:57pm
Matt Gemmell's picture

This is great news and long overdue.Please pass on my heartiest congratulations to your father in law.Looking foward to the event now.

8 February 2011 - 10:03pm
Steve Thompson's picture

I am so pleased for Sir Christopher. It is an award that is well deserved and I really look forward to this long overdue presentation on Sunday. It will be ... by far, the highlite of the show from me. Congratulations!

8 February 2011 - 10:49pm
Steve Marc's picture

Congratulations! I hope i can watch the show on BBC One.

9 February 2011 - 5:59am
Luzmila Frisancho's picture

Muy buena noticia. Ya era hora.

9 February 2011 - 1:22pm
Editha Herrmann's picture

Congratulation Mr. Lee this is a big honour for you !! yes

9 February 2011 - 10:04pm
Laurel Erie's picture

Iam soo happy to hear the wounderfull news its about time. Thank you soo much Juan for letting us know the most wounderfull news. This is gonna be a very specail show not to be missed. I send my congrats to Sir Christopher lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurel

10 February 2011 - 10:32am
Joakim Lundberg's picture

Congratulations Mr Lee. Well deserved. God bless you.

10 February 2011 - 4:40pm
Andrés Verdú's picture

Many congratulations to Sir Christopher Lee on finally being recognised by BAFTA for the Fellowship. As others have said, long overdue! My mother and I are thrilled and delighted for him, and we shall most definitely be watching the award ceremony and presentation on Sunday. Brilliant news! God bless!

Warmest regards,

Andrés

10 February 2011 - 8:35pm
Josh Dorsheimer's picture

Wow. Many many congratulations to Sir Christopher! This is a tremendous honour.  And I personally think it's an even HIGHER honour than an Academy Award. This from the British Cinema, which is obviously where he is most known, and just look at the impressive list of people he is among the ranks of! He truly deserves it and this is indeed very wonderful. Congratulations again!

11 February 2011 - 7:54pm
Stuart Ball's picture

Many congratulations Sir Christopher on this highly deserved honour. I have not watched the BAFTAS for some time but I certainly will be tuned in this time!

Comment viewing options

www.christopherleeweb.com

Copyright 2000-2011 Christopher Lee Web. All rights reserved. | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Statement | Contact Us | Top of Page