French Commander of Arts and Letters

On Friday 16th December, Sir Christopher had the privilege to be awarded this honour by the French Ambassador in London.

Sir Christopher was previously an Officer of Arts and Letters and now joins a very exclusive group. Members of his family and his dear friend Tim Burton, attended the award ceremony and the French Ambassadors residence.

“I owe a great deal of this to my wife, for the constant support she has given me over the last 50 years. It was during our years working in France that our relationship became even stronger"

Sir Christopher stands still as his wife Birgit Kroencke Lee adjusts his Insignia of Commandeur de L'Ordre des Arts et Lettres presented to him by French ambassador to Britain Bernard Emie.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Christopher Lee Web is currently in maintenance. During this maintenance it is not possible to add or edit content (like forum posts, comments and pages).

19 December 2011 - 1:01am
Isabel Alves's picture

Congratulations, Mr. Lee!
Always remembering that Gitte is also worthy of accolades!
Saying that I like and always remember:
"Supporting a great man there is always a great woman"

20 December 2011 - 11:36am
basseo's picture

It's all very well, and I know Sir Lee values such accolades but... Less red carpets, more films please! That's what the fans look forward to. I guess it's not entirely up to Mr Lee, though. I hope more offers come his way, even in small parts - we need him on the screen. Sincerely yours, David from France.

21 December 2011 - 3:46am
btf401's picture

Congratulations, Sir. I've been away from this website for quite sometime. And I pray you and yours have a very Merry Christmas.

25 December 2011 - 3:25am
Laurel Erie's picture

This is a wonderfull photo

25 December 2011 - 10:59pm
christian gonzalo irigoyen's picture

¡Mis más sinceras felicitaciones, Master Lee!
You´re an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G man! Miss Isabel is completemed right:"Supporting a great man there is always a great woman"
Congratulations, Sir Christopher!
¡Saludos!

28 December 2011 - 2:36am
Josh Dorsheimer's picture

Many congratulations to Sir Christopher! smiley

28 December 2011 - 2:36am
Josh Dorsheimer's picture

Many congratulations to Sir Christopher! smiley

28 December 2011 - 2:36am
Josh Dorsheimer's picture

Many congratulations to Sir Christopher! smiley

Comment viewing options

www.christopherleeweb.com

Copyright 2000-2011 Christopher Lee Web. All rights reserved. | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Statement | Contact Us | Top of Page