Sir Christopher Returns in The Hobbit

Slowly but surely, Peter Jackson has managed to secure the return of the majority of the major stars from The Lord of the Rings franchise for his soon to be shooting prequel, based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit.

Sir. Christopher Lee  had been in talks to reprise his role as the wizard Saruman and it now looks certain, providing that he is in good health, that he will be appearing in the movie.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Christopher Lee Web is currently in maintenance. During this maintenance it is not possible to add or edit content (like forum posts, comments and pages).

11 January 2011 - 12:36pm
Steve Marc's picture

I've read some speculation in the media today.

And now you confirm it!

Great news! Makes me very happy....

11 January 2011 - 4:18pm
Brandon's picture

Thank the Lord above!  Sir Christopher as Saruman again really makes this special!

12 January 2011 - 6:10am
Jesús Iglesias's picture

Great News!! Absolutely!! I just hope that Peter Jackson takes into consideration the possibility of Mr. Lee doing also the voice of the dragon Smaug. Can you imagine?

10 April 2011 - 8:53am
mary mccrone's picture

Great!!! Cant wait to drag my husband to see that one.

17 June 2011 - 10:40pm
guitrona's picture

I was very skeptical about the hobbit movie project. Also upset Christopher Tolkien is not allowing us to have a Silmarillion Movie Project…yet.

So I was out of the loop for a while. But now I decided to review the status of this project. I was overwhelmed to find out that Peter Jackson not only was back (which I was already aware) but that he managed to get the Lord of the Rings cast again!

I really want to thank all the actors and specially Sir Christopher Lee to accept being engage again with this project. It is around 10 years now since the trilogy was filmed (maybe more) and 10 years is too much time even if time flies and run faster and faster as we grow…We are so lucky to be able of having such a movies, to be able of living in the 21st century. I thought I was not going to live to watch the novels going to the big screen and I was always attentive to it. I even remember as yesterdey receiving the news when the rights to film the Lord of the Rings were provided. I remember also there was a site were Peter Jackson was consulting the fans and even providing justifications of why he was differing from the books (like when he explained about removing Tom Bombadil from the movies) He demonstrated so much respect to all of us fans of Tolkien work…and he ended with so marvelous movies!

It is great that Sir Christopher Lee is still part of this project! Thank you, as a fan of Star Wars and Tolkien work I really thank you to provide to these fantasy and sci-fi projects the quality and level of performance of such an actor as yourself: a truly swordman, a truly knight who on the opposite of your characters will be always white, Saruman THE WHITE…and always a Jedi without falling into the darkside…you are indeed admire and with all the proper justification.

I am honor to be able to write these lines into your webpage.

Gracias

AGuitron

25 July 2011 - 7:48pm
gregaria's picture

Superb blog post. I felt your post is extremely fascinating.  Kudos over again - I will come again.

8 September 2011 - 8:32pm
ducanicolas's picture

Since when saruman makes an appearance in "The Hobbit"? That's new to me! Please, Mr. Jackson, don't change the book just for the reason of integrating some actors from LOTR! Tratamientos Celulitis

27 September 2011 - 9:31am
Brandon's picture

Saruman is not specifically in the book, but, there are events that occur simultaneously with what happens in the Hobbit... And those events are touched on briefly in The Lord of the Rings books, and more in-depth within The Silmarillion and Tolkien's "Unfinished Tales"...

24 October 2011 - 5:55pm
chrits66's picture

I am very excited and happy to hear that Christopher Lee is back to work, it is not the latest news. The latest one is he managed to get the Lord of the Rings cast again. How surprising it is, isn’t it? Thanks God, for keeping everything perfect and bringing him back to the theaters for us. Without him, some characters are incomplete, we all know that.  I hope that he is full relieved of his medical sitaution. I saw an advertisment of atlas insurance , I would like to know more about them. May the almighty help Christopher to do more and more successful projects.

4 November 2011 - 5:47pm
DavidK's picture

The movie saga have finally finished even if it took 10 years, it was a movie that we grew up with like no other movie that we personally look up what's going next to happen and with the different so exciting characters, it is well hidden and very good production and most of all having  Sir Christopher Lee within the lord of the Rings still....Car Accident Lawyer Tampa

Comment viewing options

www.christopherleeweb.com

Copyright 2000-2011 Christopher Lee Web. All rights reserved. | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Statement | Contact Us | Top of Page